Friday, June 25, 2010

Day 8/9

Yesterday, I lost power. The lights flickered on and off for several moments and then my television clicked off for a final time. My laptop refused to charge and the air conditioner puffed its last burst of cool air.
Now, no one realizes how much their life depends on electricity. But you figure it out quickly when its gone.
Especially when its 90 degrees outside and the humidity is increasing.
The air suddenly becomes thick and every part of your body aches for a cold shower. A shower requires running water.
Or, you realize that all your entertainment disappeared with the power. The TV is gone. The computer to watch doctor who episodes is gone.
You suddenly realize that the only option is to read and that it would have been prudent to find a library and get new books before this.
I'm have delusional as I write this. I'm so tired, my eyes are wilting on my face. Marvelous picture. The beginning of this post was a story and at the end it is a journal entry. Oh well, this is about 20 minutes worth, right?
Right.
Night People. I will try not to miss any more days. I really had to motivate myself to write tonight.
NIGHT

No comments:

Post a Comment